Core Research Groups
There are nine active core research groups dedicated to the cause of fulfilling the mentioned objectives. These groups encourage and guide promising innovative ideas and facilitate impartial research in their fields of expertise the major groups involve.
- The Power Systems Group: The Power Systems group involves in high voltage electrical research including demand side management of Power resources. The group is led by Mr Parmal Singh Solanki, a Senior Lecturer in the Electronics and Computer department at CCE.
- Telecommunication and Signal Processing Group: This is a major electronics and Communication group which focuses on peak power problems in multicarrier modulation systems, wireless communication systems and signal processing and other communication technology problems. The leader of the group is Prof A Vallavaraj, Associate Dean, Undergraduate Studies at Caledonian.
- Networking Group: Networking is a part of all systems at present dealing wireless sensor network (wsn) architecture, the application of wsn for partial discharge, condition monitoring and electronic systems design. The group is led by Mr Mansoor Ali, Acting Head of the Electronics and Computer Engineering Department at Caledonian.
- Process & Chemical Group: This research core group specialises in separation process, reaction & environmental engineering. The group is one of the oldest groups and have three external funded projects to its credit. It is led by Prof S Feroz, Research Professor at Caledonian.
- System & Design Group: The group explores the Computer aided Design Problems for Mechanical System. The group is headed by Dr G R Remesh Kumar, Lecturer, Mechanical and Industrial Engineering Department at Caledonian.
- Maintenance & Condition Monitoring Group: This is again among the oldest research core groups, specialised in research involving vibration instrumentation & measurement, analysis and control. The group is led by Prof K P Ramachandran, Associate Dean (PG & Research) at Caledonian.
- Reliability Modelling and Analysis: This is an analytical group, emphasising on statistical Modelling, Analysis and Simulation (Computation) research and its application in Reliability and has a funded project to its credit. The group is led by the vast experience of Prof S M Rizwan, Head of Department, Mathematics and Statistics at Caledonian.
- Energy and Environment Group: This is another promising group which holds lots of potential for energy and ecological research. The group concentrates on harnessing technology of clean, renewable energy and on sustainable technology for waste treatment and recycling. The group is led by the experience of Dr Joseph V Thanikal, Head of Department, Built and Natural Environment at Caledonian.