The Caledonian Unit for Training & Professional Development (CuTPD) at CCE is a training unit approved and recognized by the Ministry of Manpower, Sultanate of Oman. It was established to provide unique and dynamic training solutions for corporate clients and it is hoped it will soon become the preferred provider of educational and professional development training courses in Oman. The aim of CuTPD is to provide learning for individuals, professionals, entrepreneurs and corporates to build capacity and bridge skill gaps in order to create a successful and sustainable future.
Vision of CuTPD :
To be a leading training provider in the field of engineering and management that promotes professional excellence.
Mission of CuTPD:
To provide training and development that contributes to the professional development of individuals, society and corporates in the field of engineering and management.
Our dedicated CuTPD team comprises highly qualified and experienced professionals with experience in creating and delivering training programmes. We will work closely with your organization to identify your training needs and ensure that together we accomplish your training objectives. Some of the services we offer are outlined below:
Custom-made Training Programmes: CuTPD has a wide range of experience in providing customized training courses for corporate clients specializing in the design, development, delivery and management of training solutions. For our customized programmes, we:
- Conduct a training needs identification and analysis
- Develop need-based training materials
- Implement and deliver targeted training programmes
- Conduct continuous assessment of achievements and provide progress reports
- Produce end point evaluation
Certificate Programmes & Short Courses: CuTPD offers certified professional courses as part of on-going education and training. We work with a wide range of professional associations to support the learning needs of the working professional. We conduct certified educational programmes and accredited engineering courses, available on a part=time basis for the working professional or fulltime students. These programmes and courses are conducted on our College premises and include CISCO, PMI, DELTA, CELTA and AUTOCAD. CuTPD also offers a wide range of short courses in engineering and management areas in partnership with reputed training and educational institutions.
Continuing Education Programmes: Continuing education programmes are an integral part of CuTPD’s training and development objectives, providing lifelong learning opportunities to working professionals and the community at large. Our continuing education programmes include a part-time Executive PG Diploma and certificate training programmes in process piping, quantity surveying, and lighting technology, among other credit and non-credit courses in various disciplines of engineering.
Consulting & Research: We provide cost-effective solutions for our customers in the area of technological investigation, evaluation and testing and in applied research and development. Our consulting services provide effective long-term solutions for medium to large companies and are conducted in accordance with a strict code of confidentiality.
CCE’s Training Experience:
Our team of highly qualified professionals has a wealth of experience in delivering courses to a wide range of clients such as OMIFCO, Oman Gas Company, Galfar Engineering & Contracting Co. LLC, Arabian Industries, Ministry of Defense, RCA and Ministry of Education, among others.
The following are examples of the programmes that we provide as part of our training solutions:
- Foundation Studies (English language, study skills, mathematics and basic science)
- Professional and Personal Development
- Project and Quality Management
- Business and Leadership Skills Management
- Information Technology
- Industrial Trade & Skill Development Programmes
- Engineering Technology (mechanical, electronics and electrical, instrumentation, civil and construction, environmental engineering)
- Technician Training
- Asset and Maintenance Management
- Health, Safety and Environmental Training
- Chemical and Process Engineering
- Oil and Gas Engineering
- Aviation and Airport Management
Quality & International Partnership
We aim to play a vital role in enabling our clients to succeed in the challenging and changing environment of human resource development through the delivery of knowledge and the sharing of best practice.
- Professional, experienced instructors
- Use of instruction from industry and academia
- An interactive approach
- Pre-and post-session engagement to ensure effective learning
- A focus on today’s best practices and current issues
- Use of modern laboratories for practical instruction
- On-site and off-site training locations
External Partnerships: We have a wide range of internal and external partnerships with trainers and consultants in industry and within academic who translate their knowledge and experience into dynamic and diverse learning events. Our international partnerships for training include the National Institute of Construction Management & Research (NICMAR), Ecole Nationale de I’Aviation Civile (ENAC), Technopark, VIT University, GCU, Petrocon Institute of Piping Engineering and PMI, among others.
- The College is equipped with more than 35 modern laboratories and workshops which are continually upgraded.
- Wireless LAN enables campus-wide network access for students.
- The Caledonian Library and Information Centre, equipped with more than 90,000 print and digital books, is made available to all trainees and students on our courses and programmes.
- All training takes place in modern classrooms with Smart-boards and a fully-equipped learning Centre within the College campuses.
For Further Information
Ms. Etab Al Hinai
Tel: 24536165 Ext: 382
Mr Syed Khurshid Asif
Manager – CuTPD,
Tel: 24536165 Ext: 376, GSM:99076513